Mordheim Wednesday

Warhammer Fantasy Battles, Warhammer 40,000, Necromunda, Mordheim, Battlefleet Gothic, Epic Armageddon, Inquisitor and more!
Schlock
Veteran

Mordheim Wednesday

Post by Schlock » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:15 pm

Rheibaen - I take you up on your challenge. I need redemption for my utter humiliation last time. My invisible warhounds need a chew-toy.

Anyone else who'd like to kick off the campaign can come and join in the fun. We might get multiple games in (if my warband survives the skeletons), who knows?

Any start time is good for me, I think. I may amend that before the end of the evening.

Rheibaen
Tactical Marine

Post by Rheibaen » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:44 pm

Well, I'm available anytime tomorrow after 3:30. Wanna start around 5-6? That leaves a good bit of time for multiple games should anyone else show up without taking the whole afternoon.

My skellies will be waiting! :twisted:
"We are born for a darker purpose than that of mere existence. There will come a time when the stygian night never ends, where dead stars will spread before us like islands that slumber on the ocean, and when the beings that hid like shadows will feed on us forever." ~Adept Corteswain at Omniastery of Selethoth, shortly before his disappearance.

Morbidangel
Chapter Master

Post by Morbidangel » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:08 pm

man i wish i could play but i gotta work. I am off thursday this week but not sure if i can make it that night due to sons soccer game/practice.
SO are we going to make this campaign a bi-weekly campaign event or just get in games when you can type of campaign.
Let me know cause if its bi-weekly i can put it in my schedule request to have like every other wednesday night off or friday night off for it.
Lunar Drakes(marines): 2/4/0
Total Points Painted: about 1500 of 6500

Tau, Elsy'eir sept: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 350 of 1500

Clan Sarz-Skaven: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 0 of 3k
Image Image

Nightbane
Terminator

Post by Nightbane » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:21 pm

I will be there around 715-730
W/L/D
Knights Templar (BT Space Marines)--17/15/3

Born to fight, trained to kill, ready to die, but never will.

Schlock
Veteran

Post by Schlock » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:58 pm

How about we shoot for 5. I look forward to redemption.

Abaddon
Site Admin

Post by Abaddon » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:07 am

I get off at 7 and will head up there with da orks. I'm getting the rules put into the binder this afternoon and I'll leave them up there as the store copy.
Eldar 15-3-0
Space Orks 8-3-2
Orcs 5-3-1
Dark Elves 4-2

Abaddon
Site Admin

Post by Abaddon » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:52 am

And the campaign has officially started! Cudos to the skaven and witch hunters who beat the tomb kings and the orks in the opening salvoes!

Warbands from across the empire and beyond have come to Mordheim in search of treasure and adventure. The darker elements had come for the precious Wyrdstone, a substance with magical properties that can bring both power and profit. The forces of good have come for adventure, profit, or to cleanse the City of the Damned. Among the orcs, one particularly smart (for Orcs!) warboss knew that in a situation like this, there would be plenty of opportunity for some scrappin'! (Not that Orcs use words like situation or opportunity).

A young Morglum Necksnapper led his small tribe of Necksnappa Orcs to "show da 'umies and da stunties and da chaos boyz who da boss iz in Mordheim". After arriving in the city outskirts, many of the Orcs refused to continue on because they thought the comet as "Da fist of Gork" and considered it a bad omen when they saw the devastation it had wrecked. Not to be stopped at the doorstep of a good bashin', Morglum took his finest warriors including his shaman Buggug Fire-Eater and his finest Big-Uns into the city. He sent the rest of his tribe back to the Dark Lands, promising to return with plunder and glory. There were a couple of goblins who were volunteered by Morglum to come along against their will...

It wasn't long before Morglum's band found the scrap they were looking for in suburbs near Mordheim's south-west end. A goblin scout reported "'umies wit funny hats and dogs" were spotted scouring the area. Morglum took up his axe and his sword and told da boyz "its scrappin' time!"

The battle was short and rough for the Orcs however. One of the boyz was mauled by three witch hunter warhounds and Morglum was knocked out by a flail from a crazed flagellant, only saved by his helmut from having his head caved in! A witch hunter shot another boy in close combat and the unfortunate boy didn't get up (ever) after that! However a lucky goblin arrow found its way into the throat of the Sigmarite priest. Unfortunately fore the goblins, Morglum was in too much of a foul mood to acknowledge their contribution to the battle. With their leader down and the funny hats breaking their nerves, the boyz grabbed his body and ran!

"Dat was da 1st round boyz, now we needz to snap some necks of dese humies and stomp da heds in!" Morglum angrily told his boyz. The boyz then went stomping off to find another fight.
Eldar 15-3-0
Space Orks 8-3-2
Orcs 5-3-1
Dark Elves 4-2